Chocolate comes in many forms and it’s always a pleasure to consume, sometimes it all happens a bit too quickly. One dabble of chocolate on your favourite garment and it ends up in the throw away pile - but not anymore! We have found the most amazing chocolate stain removal hack so follow these steps on how to find out...
- Place the garment on a countertop and use a knife or fork to carefully scrape off any chocolate excess.
- Run the garment under cold water. If you’re wearing it, dab cold water on the stain with a cloth.
- Mix together equal amounts of white vinegar and water in a bowl. Carefully soak the chocolate stain with the mixture.
- Wait 10 minutes. Maybe put on a nice tune or scroll through Seep’s Instagram for some new cleaning hacks.
- Rinse the garment again with cold water.
For some the stain is now gone, but for those really messy eaters it’s time to bring forward the hard core stuff.
- Put a tablespoon of baking soda onto the stain and dab it in using the back of the spoon.
- Grab a Seep sponge and carefully dab/scrub the baking powder off.
- Rinse with cold water to get rid of all the ingredients and the stain.
- Let it dry.
If you spilled an entire chocolate cake on your white shirt and the stain is somehow still there, we recommend the final act to pop it into the washing machine🌀 The most effective wash will be a special program for stains or chocolate stains, if that is possible.
Tadaaaa! Your garment is clean again and you can now eat chocolate how messy and often you want.
If you’re a messy eater or drinker and feel like you always end up with stains, there are some more tips for you here on the Seep tips website.