It's sometimes overlooked but cleaning is one of the most plastic-filled, toxic and not-to-mention time consuming activities😫 Think about the plastic packaging a lot of cleaning products come in, the disposable wipes, the crazy amounts of bleach and chemicals, plus the synthetic materials used to make cloths and sponges. Making the switch to plastic free and zero waste cleaning is easier than you may think👏 Using just a few, inexpensive ingredients from your cupboard and Seep's plastic-free cleaning accessories you're onto a winner😎
In the Bathroom...
For bathroom cleaning we recommend our 100% Cellulose Sponge & Loofah All-Purpose Cloth. These two will tackle any bathroom cleaning with ease, plus you can pop them in the washing machine when they need a little refresh. Below are two natural recipes for cleaning your toilet and your shower.
No one likes to be welcomed by a grimey toilet, luckily with just white vinegar and bicarbonate soda your toilet will be sparkling
- Pour 250ml white vinegar into your toilet basin and scrub it in with your large cellulose sponge
- Sprinkle in 120g of bicarbonate soda, plus another 250ml white vinegar - it will fizz! Let this sit for 10 minutes
- Scrub it again, let it sit for 30minutes
- Once the stains are gone and your toilet is sparkling white, five your toilet a flush
- Mix white vinegar straight into a spray bottle (no dilution needed as its most effective this way)
- Spray the vinegar all over the mouldy area, then fold your loofah cloth into quarters and wipe this area
- Keep repeating this until the stain lifts, for anything super stubborn use an old toothbrush
- Psst! Open the window if it starts smelling like a fish & chip shop 👃
In the Oven...
- Combine 3 tablespoons of water with 65g of baking soda to make a paste
- Put on your Seep Fair Trade Rubber Gloves and smear the the paste over all of the dirty parts (metal or glass) and let it sit for 20mins
- Wipe the paste up along with the loosened dirt and grease, then wipe the oven interior with water or 3:1 water & white vinegar
- For any tough to remove stains, use our Copper Scourer to help lift it
- Sprinkle baking soda liberally over the spill, before spritzing with 3:1 water to white vinegar - it will fizz! Leave this for 20mins
- Wipe this up and then wipe the whole interior with your water/vinegar mix
In the sink...
Washing up never felt so easy and plastic free, we love to wash out dishes with the really innovative washing up gel-to-liquid from Homethings which has NO single use plastic 👀. It is formulated with natural, active cleaning ingredients to give great results. This paired with our responsibly-sourced gloves and brush there will be no stopping you and the dishes.
🧼Cleaning your sink🧼
Sinks get a lot of use so it means they can get a build of grime, follow these tips below to clean your sink without a load of bleach
- Sprinkle a liberal amount of baking soda over your sink surface
- Use your Bamboo Brush to gently buff it into your sink
- Pour white vinegar over the sink this will dissolve any grease or grime
- Rinse with warm water
- Get a really brilliant shine on your taps, stainless steel draining board and tiles with a cloth at the end
Around the house...
Our Essential cleaning duo is versatile and is what makes it so popular for those everyday cleaning tasks. The duo contains our best-selling Loofah Scourer Sponges and our Loofah all-purpose cloths. Below are a couple of brilliant, everyday natural cleaning hacks.
- Mix two teaspoons of bicarb with water to make a loose paste then using your loofah scourer, rub this into your stained mug
- If it is particularly stained, leave this to sit for 20mins before rinsing
- Wipe clean with your loofah cloth
- Combine 230ml of water with 60ml white vinegar, 2 tsp of olive oil and 10-15 drops of lemon juice
- Shake well in a spray bottle
- Spray and dust with you loofah cloth