Serves 4 people.
Ingredients:🥔 1kg potatoes - (Maris Piper or King Edwards are best for a crispy exterior and fluffy interior)
🦆 100 ml olive oil (use sunflower oil for plant-based)
🌾 2 tsp of flour
🌿 Salt, pepper and rosemary to season
- Peel and chop the potatoes into thirds or quarters - those pointy corners are good to catch the fat and create crispiness!
- Rinse them under cold water until it runs clear to remove excess starch before filling a large pan with salted water and adding the potatoes
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes (until they are tender)
- Heat the oven to 180C and pop a large baking tray into the oven to warm with 5mm of oil in the bottom
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool laid out on a wire rack
- Take out the hot roasting pan from the oven and place out the potatoes evenly, not to touch each other
- Add oil on top of the potatoes before placing them in the oven
- Roast for 20 minutes
- Flip the potatoes before roasting for a further 20 minutes
- Turn once more - it’s the flipping of the potatoes which creates the classic Christmas roast potatoes
- Turn again and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes (total roast time should be 60 minutes)
- After taking them out of the oven, sprinkle any seasoning of choice
- Here at Seep we love some rosemary with our Christmas roasties to add that extra festive spirit
If you’re having problems with cleaning out your roasted pan after dinner - which we all know we do cause we leave it sitting for way too long - then check out this cleaning hack. It takes only takes a few minutes and uses natural ingredients from your cupboard
If you want to read some more blogs from us at Seep about how to take care of your Christmas tree or how to get some red wine out of your shirt - just browse through our Seep Tips on the website🧼 Happy Christmas!
Mina Skugge 20/12/22